Saturday, July 26, 2008

Ice Cream & Booty Dance

We had another great Saturday (which is beginning to be some what of a theme this summer, I am starting to sound like a broken record!).  

I worked my tail off this morning, ridding every corner of the house of the giant dust bunnies that have been giving me nightmares.  Starchy, continued to paint our old house, in the hopes that we can put it back on the market soon.

The kids played with the neighbors all morning and then took a 3 hour nap (God Bless 'em!).  

We had burgers and corn on the cob for dinner (or "supper" for the Canadians).  I am not kidding when I say, the corn on the cob eating was quite a display.  The Dude had 5 ears of corn! It was like those old cartoons where the beaver saws through the log on one second flat, the kid just couldn't eat it fast enough.  A one point the corn was flying half way across the table.  There is really no polite way to eat corn on the cob (I think that is what makes it so fun).  

Just don't ask HP if she wants corn.  She did the old, lick and sniff and while pushing her plate away declared, "I can't love it".

After dinner, we had some ice cream (because there is really no better way to end the day).  I made the kids eat in the garage (hey, my floors were squeaky clean, I wanted to enjoy it for more than 30 seconds!).  

Here are the kids in all their glory (don't mind The Dude's nipple and belly button tattoo's...he is trying to start a new trend)!


As The Dude was chowing on his ice cream he started to do this booty dance in the driveway.  Do you think this is what the neighbors had in mind when we moved in across the street?  We definitely add some spice to the passersby! 


4 comments:

ChattyandBrina said...

I actually do that exact same dance when I eat ice cream!

jen said...

Bless his heart. I lick the ice cream off of my fingers too, post dance of course. :)

queen foodie said...

Tht is great! I love that something so simple as ice cream can inspire such happiness. What a great dance.

Unknown said...

hmmm, i think i've seen that dance before?