Monday, June 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Hemmy

Hemmy is the ripe old age of 28 today!  My parents are out in British Columbia visiting with him and Chipmunk.  I hope you guys are having fun!

In honor of Hemmy's birthday I thought I would share a little story with you all.

When Hemmy and I were growing up, he had plenty of gross little habits (milk slurping, fart cupping, belch blowing) but none was more repulsive then his method for clipping his toenails.  Instead of using a clipper, like a normal human being, Hemmy used his mouth.  Yes, you read that right, he used to BITE his toenails off.  Usually, if I was in striking distance, one the toenail was disconnected, he would spit it at me.  I still cringe at the thought of being pelted in the forehead with my brother's rhino toenails.  

Since we haven't lived together in 12 years, I had assumed that he had grown out of this habit.

I thought wrong.

Below is an email I got from Chipmunk this very week...

Heading:  Your brother is gross!

Funny story that I thought you might enjoy (or just be disgusted knowing).  We had a ceiling fan installed yesterday (thanks to your wonderful parents!), so we had to move the couch and pull up the rug.  When I went to clean up after and move everything back to where it was, I had to get out the vacuum, because there were at least 15 chewed toenails under the couch and rug, courtesy of your brother, who drinks beer, watches TV and chews his toenails - in his mouth. GROSS!

Hope that painted a pretty picture for you!

Chipmunk XOXO

Chipmunk is a brave, brave girl.  

Happy Birthday Hemmy, I love you to bits and pieces (and I promise to get you an industrial strength toenail clipper for Christmas)!

No comments: