Monday, May 19, 2008

Tea Party

HP, Yamma (Starchy's mom, not her real name) and I were invited to a Tea Party this weekend.  
It was hosted by a friend of Yamma's and it was attended by all women (not that the men would have gone if they HAD been invited).  It was a dainty little affair complete with tea, scones, mini quiche and assorted finger sandwiches.  There were flowers, doilies and lacy things everywhere (very ritzy).  My focus was keeping a hawk-eye on HP who kept wanting the lick the whip cream off of a tray full of tartlets.  

I am proud to say that HP was quite well behaved (read: didn't break any of the china or smear chocolate mousse on the white carpet) and the tomboy in me made it through unscathed (I even resisted the urge to put my hair in a ponytail, something I haven't accomplished since 2001).  

All in all, it was a a fun way to spend a Sunday afternoon (especially since the Bears 2008 season is still a few months away).


3 comments:

Mrs4444 said...

What a neat idea. I'll bet the little girls loved it! Kendall and her friends used to spend hours having "tea parties" in her bedroom with big tea set she had.

Thank you for the incredibly sweet comment you left today; I am humbled.

Mrs4444 said...

P.S. Damn. A Bears fan?! Must you? (I'm from Packer Country!)

jen said...

What fun for little girls (and big girls, as long as the tea has a little kick, if ya know what I mean) :)
HP looked beautiful. And what, no pic of you w/o the ponytail?!
(BTW from a packer fan to a bears fan, football season in general can't get here soon enough!!)