Friday, September 5, 2008

Count your blessings...

I try not to take for granted how lucky I am.  My kids are healthy.  My husband and I are employed.  I have a loving family....a roof over my head...food in my fridge...I could go on and on.

Since I started blogging, I have discovered this little thing called the blogging community.  As cheesy as it sounds, people who blog, love to spread blog-joy around.  They are supportive, they offer thoughtful comments, and most of all, they rally around one another.  

It is time to rally.

There is a little girl who needs our help.  She has been denied access to health care that would make her quality of life substantially better.  

Please, take two minutes, go here, read her story and sign the petition to get the little girl the medicine she needs.

I think about what I would do if this were HP...or Peanut...or Sissy...or Boo...it makes me shudder.

I thank my lucky stars.


3 comments:

Mrs4444 said...

That's terrible. Yes, we have a lot to be grateful for. Thanks so much for being a faithful friend at HPKT; you are one of MY blessings :)

And BTW, I got to dance with Yes last night...hee hee

Veronica Foale said...

This blogging community is amazing. I am so so speechless at the amount of people who have stepped in to help Ivy.

jen said...

Thanks for spreading the word Rikki.