Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Nice Day for a White Wedding!

Sorry about my lack of posts lately.  It has been weighing on my mind.  Unfortunately, I haven't been able to keep my eyes up past 8:00 PM from a combination of post-Olympic exhaustion and my recovery from this past weekend.

One of Starchy and I's best friends got married last Saturday.  Shane, swam with us in college, and from the moment we both met him, he has been part of our lives.  It was a great wedding, and Shane, although nervous at times, came through swimmingly (pun intended).  

The great thing about one of our old Mizzou teammates getting married is that it gives us a chance to catch up with other friends as well.  

As usual, I am going to let the pictures do the talking.  I think you can see how much fun Starchy and I had, and how much we are loved (and love) our swimmer friends.

The Groomsmen (L-R) Mike C (MU swimmer), Brady (MU swimmer), Bill (Bride's brother), Shane (Groom & MU swimmer), Thad (Groom's brother), Andy (MU swimmer), Starchy 

Here is how classy Starchy is...guess who ripped one as I was taking the picture?  I am so proud.

This was cocktail hour.  It was so pretty and overlooking a pond.  Although my focus was more on the shelves of drinks BEFORE the pond.  

Starchy giving me the put-the-fecking-camera-away death stare inside the limo.


Oooh...lookie here...who is this little number? ;)


This was the boys the night before the wedding.  There were other wives there, but we were outnumbered 3 to 1.  I feel sorry for the poor maid that had to clean up our hotel room.  Stale pizza and beer is a hard stench to get rid of.


I have no idea what Starchy is doing with his mouth here.  Another one of his Corky poses.  At least Shane looks cute.


Champagne.  Limo.  How swanky!


These shoes were so cute.  Too bad they didn't make it to the damn reception.  I think I may burn them.  

I love this picture and here is why.  The photographer (who had the personality of a tree stump) was trying to get candid's (why he thought all the groomsmen jumping like fairies was "candid" I will never know).  So he told all of the we-were-once-college-athletes groomsmen to jump on his count.  Check out my good friend Mike C on the far right (the one that looks like a chachie).  He didn't even get off the ground.  We saw this picture in my camera as soon as it was taken and didn't let Mike C forget about his 1/4 inch vertical the entire night.  




No comments: