Saturday, May 31, 2008

I want to stop time!

Today was GORGEOUS!  The sun was out, there was a light breeze and it was warm enough for the kids to bust out the sprinkler.  They were having a grand ol' time but for some reason I found myself watching them with a lump in my throat.  Why can't they stay the same age for a while, HP especially?  She is two short weeks away from turning three.  My baby.  Three.  When (or rather why) did that happen?  She is no longer a toddler, rather a spunky little girl.  

HP and I went to Walmart this morning and she talked to EVERYONE.  She was chatting up grandmas in their motorized carts, she told the guy at the deli counter that he was "awesome", she asked numerous people what they were doing and what there names were, and if she didn't get a response she declared that "they must be cranky".

I know I am not the only one to feel pangs of sadness watching their kids morph from one stage to the next, I guess it just caught me a little off guard.  

Here are some photo's of our fun in the backyard this afternoon.  Thanks for listening!

p.s.  Don't mind the flower picture, I am just FINALLY getting used to my new camera and was pretty psyched about the close up.


No comments: