Monday, February 2, 2009

Blogger's Block

I think I am suffering from Bloggers Block.  Not sure if that is a real ailment, but you get the gist.  So in order to force myself out of this funk, I am just going to ramble.  

- My friend Bethany (college roommate and teammate) had triplets last week.  They were born at almost 29 weeks.  So far all are doing well despite being born teeny-tiny.  I cannot imagine what it would be like to have three children at one time.  Its funny too, because she was probably the LAST person I would have imagined becoming a mother of three.  I have no doubt that she will rise to the occasion and be a damn good mommy to those little ones.  Olivia, Samuel and George are VERY lucky.  Congrats B (if you ever get time to read this...doubtful). :)

- I have been doing a little daycare reflection lately.  It has been almost a year since I was "terminated" (doesn't that sound like I was murdered or something?) from my old job and decided to watch children out of my home.  I am SO lucky.  Not only do I have a wonderful batch of kids, but they all have fantastic parents.  Not trying to be sappy or seem like I am blowing smoke, but I really like the parents of the children I care for.  They are thoughtful, they are attentive (and believe-you-me at my old job I witnessed some terribly inattentive parents) and they in-turn have great kids.

- I miss my mom and dad.

- I recently went bridesmaid dress shopping.  I shaved my legs (at least the bottom half) and everything.  I ended up with a flowy little number.  I think it will work nicely for the Cayman Islands.  Now I just have to work on my pasty white skin.  You can't be pale and wear aqua-green...can you?

- Starchy's birthday was this past weekend.  Old man is now 31.  His mom invited us over for brunch on Sunday.  I made lemon poppy seed mini-muffins.  They were nasty.  I think I baked them too long because they were hard as a rock.  Luckily my mother-in-law made some hot curried fruit that went over "like a fart in church" and her disaster made mine pale in comparison.  

- I am obsessed with blue cheese.  I went as far as put it on a baked potato along with some bar-b-que sauce.  It was surprisingly good.  Look out Pioneer Woman (yeah right)!

-  We are going to Minneapolis this weekend.  Our good friend Mike is turning 30 so we are going to celebrate with him.  The kids are staying with Yamma and Pappa so it should be a fun grown-up's weekend.  Although, whenever we get together with college friends grown-ups is the LAST thing we resemble.

I guess that's all the purging I have for now.  If you have made it to the end of this post I commend you.  Hopefully all of this writing will get me back in the action again.  If you have any ideas or topics you would like to see in upcoming posts please do share!

Peace out!
Rikki

1 comment:

Helen + ilana = Hi said...

A fart in church.........my new favourite saying.........thanks!