Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas 2009 with Hemmy

My brother got here on Christmas Eve. It has been 3 years since I last saw him. To say that our visit has been wonderful, is an understatement. Seeing my baby brother interact and play with my kids is the best gift I could have asked for this year. It has been one for the books.

The kids woke up right before 7:00 on Christmas morning. We spent the next 3 hours opening gifts. We would have been done a lot sooner (especially if HP had anything to do with it) but The Dude wanted to inspect and try out each and every gift. He had opened his stocking and present from Santa and was already raring to go outside. I guess he figured the other presents could wait (HP did NOT think that was cool).

It was a great morning filled with memories I will treasure until the day I die. But as always, I will let the pictures do the talking...

Here is The Dude with his trick bike he got from Santa (and helmet he got from GG...good call GG). He was ripping around the driveway like a bat out of hell. It was hilarious!

Figuring out the knee and elbow pads. At first I thought they would be unnecessary (but held my tongue because he was so excited about them). After seeing him whiz around on the bike...they are a really good call.

As was the case last Christmas the favorite stocking stuffer was balloon rockets and a pump. The cheaper the gift, the more they like it! :)
HP checking out her stocking. We had to wake her up and you can tell she is not really herself in this picture. A rare shot taken before she got her glasses on.
The Dude inspecting the colossal stocking!

Our "treats" for Santa. Beer, Milk, candy cane, cookies, crackers and shrimp dip!

The stockings were hung...Hemmy got a tube sock stocking. Keepin' it classy!

The Dude hanging his uncles stocking with care.
One of the many staring contests that have taken place in the last 72 hours! The Dude is surprisingly competitive and has won his fair share!
The. Best. Gift. Ever.

No comments: