Thursday, January 22, 2009

Winter Wonderland!

The weather here in Illinois has been chilly lately.  Not, Saskatchewan chilly, but too chilly for the kids to be outside enjoying the snow.  

Not today.

It was gorgeous out.

The entire crew (yes, even the babes) went outside to romp in the snow.  

The little ones only stayed out for 10 minutes, but they seemed to enjoy their little sled ride around the backyard.    They were all intrigued by the snow.  With the exception of Sissy, I would say they enjoyed getting to go outside (although, none of them can talk, so I could be totally wrong in guessing their enjoyment level!).

The older kids were in hog heaven.  They had some serious cabin fever and the only prescription was playing in the snow.  They had a hoot.  If I hadn't forced them inside after an hour, I am sure they would have played all day.

See for yourself...

Peanut struggled with the snow covered stairs, but with a little encouragement from HP (who isn't the most patient of kids) she managed to get to the "castle".

Shmook taking in his surroundings.  He didn't want to venture off the sled, but did smile when I put a tiny snowball in his lap.

Swanny Jr. really liked the ride.  I had blankets in the sled keeping the babes warm which made for a slippery seat, but lil' man had no problems at all!

Sisterly love!  Aren't they a sight in pink!  

Peanut giving a heart warming smile!  What a stinking cutie!
 
Can't you just see the cabin fever oozing out of their little snow suits?

The Dude.  Be still my heart. 

When I see this picture I can almost hear The Crew yelling "CHEESE" especially Peanut!  HP would not stop eating ice.  She actually asked me if she could bring this giant hunk inside and eat it for lunch.  It would be a nice change of pace from chicken nuggets...;)

Not sure why this picture is crooked (it isn't in my iphoto) but it was too precious not to put in this post.  So tilt your head to the left and check out one of the cutest kids I know (I am a bit biased).

I told you Sissy didn't like the snow as much as the rest.  :)

Shmook...for my peeps over the pond.  He is really starting to get a little personality!  He is flirting with all of the girls and giving ga-ga eyes to Ms. Francis!  It is a hoot to watch!

The Three Amigos!  


No comments: