Thursday, December 11, 2008

Five

My little Dude is 5 years old today. 

Those of you who read my blog on a regular basis know what a friggin' sap I can be around milestones.  Today is no different.  I have a nice pit in my stomach and a big ol' lump in my throat.  He is five...

The day he was born was one of the best in my life.  

I remember both Starchy and I being so dang excited to finally get to meet him.  Labor took a little longer than I expected and was DEFINITELY a lot more painful then I had planned for.  

But the moment I laid eyes on him...I was done for.  

He was the most beautiful baby I had ever seen (disclaimer: I think I was suffering from new mommy euphoria, because looking back at pictures I can now see he looked more like the bald Stooge).  

The nurses wanted to take him from me to check him over and I remember thinking "No need ladies...my little man is perfect".  If I would have been a cartoon I would have had two little hearts where my eyes should have been.  I was smitten.

I can honestly say with every ounce of my being, that five years later I feel the exact same way.

The Dude, thank you for being my little man.  I am so proud of the thoughtful, generous boy you are growing up to be.

Happy Birthday, I love you from the bottom of my heart. 

Love, 
Mom

5 comments:

zztopdog said...

Happy birthday, Dude! Hope you had a fun day!
Peanut's Grammy

KandeeInNY said...

Wow, what a great milestone...
Lucky Mom!

Mrs4444 said...

What a little CHUNK! Cute then, cute now! Happy Birthday, Boy!

The Mrs. said...

Happy birthday, buddy! I am a sucker for naked baby pictures - he was just as cute then as he is now!

LiteralDan said...

Happy Birthday to a handsome little man. My son will be 5 soon enough, which just blows my mind as much as I think it does for everyone at every milestone birthday.

Aside from that, I don't think that euphoria is limited to moms, because I have the same experience looking at my kids' newborn pictures now. I'm not sure what I was smoking, for most of the shots I took.