Thursday, November 6, 2008

Random Rikki...

I have been neglecting the blog.  Sorry.  

I think I over celebrated with my 100th post and got burnt out.  That, and the fact that my camera has been sitting on the microwave with a dead battery leaves my blog pretty sad looking.  And, I have been glued to the TV watching Obama for the past 3 days straight.  I think I have a politi-crush...WHAT?  He's cute.  And smart.  And the next President (thank GOD!).

Plus, things here have been uber busy.

Daycare is rocking and the kids and I have been enjoying the last few days of fall.  They are calling for snow showers this weekend.  Which leads me to this question...

Is it wrong for me to want to get my Christmas decorations out already?

Now before you judge, think about this.  

I am going to Canada on Dec. 17th.  If I do the typical American thing and get my decorations up after Thanksgiving (for my commonwealth readers it is November 27th), I will only have two-ish weeks to get in the mood.  

I love Christmas.  It is my favorite time of the year.  Which is why I think I am going to have Starchy put Christmas lights on the house this weekend (shh...don't tell him, he doesn't know yet)...and go all out and decorate the house the following weekend.

Call me crazy, but I am getting the itch.

*Rikki stands up and raises her right hand*

"My name is Rikki, and I am a Christmasaholic".

Anyone else want to bum-rush Christmas with me? :)

1 comment:

jen said...

I'm with you in spirit Rikki. Swanny gets so over-Christmased due to his job, he'd probably divorce me if I contemplated getting any Christmas paraphenalia out prior to Thanksgiving. I'll thoroughly enjoy seeing Christmas decs at drop off/pick up